Increases oil film strength & reduces friction, heat & wear by separating moving metal components & minimising metal-to-metal contact.
Should the oil’s film strength break down, MONOLEC® reacts chemically to form a protective, synthetic lubricant which increases the lubricant’s film strength. (more info)
What is MONOLEC®?
LE’s exclusive ‘wear reducing’ agent
Mono-molecular liquid chemical synthetic lubricant
Name is derived from “mono-molecular” - how the molecules form a single layer on metal surfaces to protect against metal-to-metal contact
What does MONOLEC® do?
How does MONOLEC® work?
- MONOLEC® molecules protect all metal surfaces with a single layer of “liquid ball bearings” which reduce friction, heat & wear
- MONOLEC® reacts with any high temperature asperities allowing the abrasive “high points” to flow, rather than tear, thereby reducing friction, heat & wear
- MONOLEC® increases oil film strength by up to 200% through particulate attraction
How does MONOLEC® perform?
- MONOLEC® acts synergistically to improve performance qualities of other components in oils & greases - it enhances anti-wear agents in LE lubricants
- MONOLEC® reduces wear, lowers operating temperatures & greatly extends equipment life
- MONOLEC® had no negative side effects - such as becoming corrosive, building up on itself or falling out of suspension
- MONOLEC® out-performed all competitive products during the Bowden-Leben Test at Imperial College, London. It is a test used to measure the effect of temperature on the coefficient of friction of lubricant oils.
- MONOLEC® wear-reducing additive took over in the test when all conventional chemical anti-wear additives broke down between 204°C - 232°C (350°F - 450°F). It continued to protect against wear to nearly 315°C (600°F) & probably much higher.